Homecoming weekend is around the corner (No, seriously. It’s literally one day away)! I know yall are just as excited as I am to TURN UP and not think about that quiz you got on Monday morning! ALL functions are guaranteed to SLAP… from the bar crawls and the pep rally, to the Black Alumni tailgate and the after parties!
With that being said, here are some Do’s & Don’ts for this Homecoming weekend… 2K17 edition.
- Do take that extra shot of Henny. Cause you only live once so why the f*ck not!
2. Don’t be sloppy drunk and throw up all over that new fit you just ordered. Plus, I’m not trying to see you on the Black MSU Snap story struggling.
3. Do shoot yo shot with that cute guy/girl you’ve been eyeing since the Ice Breaker. It’s starting to get chilly and you know that cuddle season is about to go into FULL EFFECT. So go ahead and secure a bae!
4. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone this weekend. This is the perfect time to introduce yourself to people you have never seen on our campus and to connect with Alumni.
5. Do EVERY hustle and dance this weekend. When you hear “Cash money records taking over for the ’99 and 2000s,” you already know what’s up.
6. Don’t be lame and posted on the walls. I’m tired of ladies shaking a** on casper the ghost and fellas just standing around. Get out there on the dance floor and turn up!
7. Do stay safe! Yes, make memories and take that extra shot of Henny and get lit… but make sure you’re also looking out for each other. Know your limits, because alcohol poisoning is real asf yall! Also, make sure you are using the buddy system this weekend and you are NEVER walking alone especially if you are intoxicated!
With that being said, I can’t wait to see each and every one of you this weekend. Remember to TURN UP, but be safe!
Go Green! Go White! Go State!
Kaliah Butler, Voice Magazine